Spearhead AST 2 - Avalanche Skills Training
- Duration: 4 Days (approx.)
- Product code: PG1FXD
At the end of the course, students should be able to:
the Avaluator™ as a filtering tool to determine when additional
planning and travel techniques are required to travel safely.
- Be familiar with Avalanche Danger Ratings verification techniques for personal use on a local scale.
- Be familiar with the ATES technical model as a means to develop personal, local terrain ratings.
- Use route finding to take advantage of nuances in terrain to manage personal risk.
- Use travel techniques in avalanche terrain appropriate to the avalanche conditions.
- Proficiently carry out a companion rescue.Understand the limits of their training.
$880 + 5% GST
Course material, 4 days instruction from CAA members and ACMG guides
WHAT’S NOT INCLUDED-
Avalanche Rescue Equipment (if necessary we can provide this service for $30/day), Whistler Blackcomb Lift Tickets, Lunch, Transportation